Tuesday, November 25, 2008

If its Tuesday, it's Avonex day:( and fudge day.


I did a little outside decorating yesterday....thanks Nancy for the greenery!



My mother-in-law Jackie, telling me stories:)




I had to make my brother Tony some Maple Fudge, as he has been so good to me this past month, not that he needs it but....

Here is the recipe:

Maple Fudge

4 cups brown sugar
2/3 cup milk
4 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 tablespoons butter

Mix the first four ingredients into a large pot. Bring to a boil, stirring occaisonally. Once it comes to a boil, stop stirring and let it boil until mixture reaches the soft ball stage. Thats when you drop a bit into a glass of cold water, and it forms a soft ball.

Remove from heat and add the butter and vanilla, and give it a stir. Watch, cause the vanilla will make it boil up a bit. Leave it to cool for a bit and butter an 8X8 inch pan.

Using your trusty wooden spoon, start stirring the fudge. Keep on stirring until it starts to lose its gloss. Quickly pour into the pan. Cut it before it cools off to much, or it will break apart like mine always does.


Today is my first day on the Avonex for my MS. The nurse is coming at 10:30 to train me and to show me how to give myself a shot. I'm not nervous about that part, it's the after effects that I'm not looking forward to!

It went well. I didn't even feel the needle! Of course she brought me a auto-injector, which made it much easier.

Now, I am going to make a lemon pie, cause if you feel sick, you have to have lemon!